Saturday, February 9, 2008

Memories and The Renegade

Aunt Robin has a great post about boyz n carz n stuph. I mentioned how I used to get out in my beloved Giuletta and let go on a winding road. It dawned on me that very few people have even heard of an Alfa Romeo, so I decided to find a picture and post it. Ok, ok….. I know that this one is a Gulia but for the sake of basic shape description ‘twill do.

The flame wars are still smoldering over in the feminist blog world. Some misguided nit-wit has decided to go after Renegade Evolution (always a bad idea) because of something that happened last year. After reading some of her posts, anyone with half a brain can tell that Ren is an authentic person. This must scare the hell out of her detractors for they are constantly attacking her occupation, lifestyle, and of course her (blush) implants. One thing that sticks in my craw about any kind of fundamentalist is the blatant use of stereotypes. In this case, “All women in sex work are victims of the patriarchy and need to be saved”. Then along comes people like Ren and Ryann, and by their very existence, blows the fundamentalist argument right out of the water. Ok, I am the first one to admit that there are a lot of women out on the street that shouldn’t be there. Something should be done. So guess who is doing the outreach? The fundies? Nope. It is people like Ren. Go figure.

One final thought about the flame wars. One of Ren’s most vicious critics is challenged with PTSD. Folks, that is not fun. LE has a post here on the subject. Please read.


Perhaps it is because I see something in Ren’s mindset that is familiar. I am dying to ask her a couple of questions. I would never ask her directly, for to do so would be impolite if not downright nosey. Because I doubt that she ever comes here I shall list them:

When you were growing up did you have trouble standing in line?
Except for a few minor occasions, have you always known where you were headed?
Have you always realized your artistic talents?
Have others commented that from a very early age you would speak with wisdom far beyond your age?
From a very young age, have you had a problem with absolute authority?

NOTE: This is NOT some backhanded quick and dirty test for ADD or something akin to it. I have a feeling that if Ms. E saw these questions she would answer yes to all of them. (For those of you who recognize this set of questions, yes, I strongly believe that Ren is …. Well, you know…..) Let’s just say for any of the cognoscenti out there that the word “Evolution” is definitely appropriate.


Outis




1 comment:

Renegade Evolution said...

When you were growing up did you have trouble standing in line?

Nope. I could stand still, anywhere, for hours if needed.

Except for a few minor occasions, have you always known where you were headed?

Umm, hard to say, really. I knew where I wanted to be though.

Have you always realized your artistic talents?

Yes.

Have others commented that from a very early age you would speak with wisdom far beyond your age?

Hah. Heh. Um, no. Not by a long shot!

From a very young age, have you had a problem with absolute authority?

Um, yes and no? If I felt the authority was fair, or feared it, no. If not, yes.

Not rude, by the way.