Saturday, March 22, 2008

Ostara! Ugh



A happy, belated Ostara everyone!

I hate nights like last night. I have no idea how much snow we had. I can tell you that it was just enough that I had to pull the magic lever on the floor of the X, but not slippery enough to make the transfer case happy. My baby was definitely not pleased.

I am still not ready to do a post on my Pygmy yet. Every time I try telling the story it begins to take on the likeness of a short novel. Maybe I will just wait until I get it out in a month or so. In the meantime, there are some interesting things going on that have been consuming a lot of my time.

There is an awful lot going on in the world of the internet. I have discovered a ton of really great bloggers. They are all great writers and are doing an awful lot to expand my knowledge base. I think that the one that I am most indebted to is Renegade Evolution. By following her links, I have been able to get a pretty good handle on the Feminist issue and where/what all the fights, err, discussions are about. Drakyn’s blog is allowing me to study the subject of Transexuality. I had no idea how hotly the subject of gender identity has been debated, until now. It is a fascinating subject, to say the least.

Some might propose the idea that the need for a Feminist movement is long over. Try telling that to my pal Razor Mick!

On a different note…

I don’t think that there is a better word to sum up RW other than fascinating. I came across his old blog, Chasing Vincenzo, one day while reading over at Steph’s place. The site is still up and at very least; his rules about proper bistro conduct are certainly worth the read. RW is a great writer with a fantastic sense of humor. Also the people he links to are very witty. A quick for instance is Girl Dislocated. How anyone, with the physical challenges this young lady has, can keep her sense of humor is beyond me. (On top of all that she is drop dead gorgeous!). All I can say is shukran!

For the rest of you crazies that wiggle into those twenty inch wide boats for fun, I just found a site out there to make you green with envy. Also, I have a new addiction. I have no idea how I found this comic but it now has become a daily read. By all means start at the beginning and read a little bit each night.

Finally, I have a strong feeling that something is about to pop on the UFO scene very soon. It could have something to do with the drone debate or disclosure. What ever it is, it’s gonna be BIG.

We miss you Aunt Robin… Please come back if you can!

No comments: